David and Randy explore graph theory with Juli. We learn how to use the Graphs.jl Julia package to create graph data structures, and the JuMP.jl package to calculate NP-hard and NP-complete properties of the graphs.
This week we also share a bunch of amazing things that our listeners are building in Julia. Thanks to everyone that shared your projects with us! Check out the Twitter thread to see what everyone is working on.
Support Talk Julia on Ko-Fi
We're excited to announce that we have opened up podcast memberships! Become a member for as little as $5/mo to get early access to episodes, social media shoutouts, and, starting at $10/mo and up, access to a members-only "office hours" call.
Your support helps us continue to bring you interviews and educational Julia content each week. It also helps us grow sustainably and improve the quality of the podcast.
Manning Publications Discount
We've partnered with Manning Publications to bring all of our listeners a special 35% discount code on all of Mannings physical books, ebooks, courses, and more. There's no expiration date and you can use the discount as many times as you like!
Just visit http://mng.bz/pOzw and use the code
podtalkjulia22 at checkout to get 35% off of your order!
- Twitter thread showcasing listener projects
- HeartBeats.jl by Clemens Brunner
- Graphs.jl GitHub
- Graphs.jl Documentation
- JuMP.jl GitHub
- JuMP.jl Documentation
- Hearing the Shape of a Graph by Rob Ellis
- The Music of Graphs by Jason Davies
- David's script for generating scales and chords from graphs
- David's script for generating a graphs chord and an image of the graph
- GitHub issue explaining how to use NormalizedLaplacian in Graph.jl
- Julia Command-line Options (Julia Docs)
- JULIA_PROJECT Environment Variable (Julia Docs)